Monday, April 22, 2013

Sea Otter 2013

It all started at 2:30 in the morning when me Conor B and Joedog left San Rafael and headed to Leguna Seca. After a car ride I half slept through. We arrived at leguna seca at about 5am. Conor is a champ for making the drive. As soon as we got there I just threw my stuff on the ground and passed out. Slalom practice was in 3 hours.

Sleeping Arrangements Day #1

 I woke up pounded a redbull and ate some pudding. Talk about food for a winner. After dealing with registration I headed over to the dual slalom course. The course was all time awesome except for the flat corners on the blue lane. After having a great time in pratice, quali came around. I just wanted to have a solid run and chill. I ended up 4th. Which was cool considering I barely pedaled and was running on 2 hourse of sleep+redbull pudding. The rest of the day was spent cruising the pits talking to people and meeting people. Good stuff. I went to bed early and kept it mellow because I had slalom finals the next day and wanted to do well.

On Friday I woke up and got ready for slalom. I went into round one knowing I had a good chance of winning because the guy qualified comfortably slower. I proceeded to win both heats and was stoked. Then I realized I had to race the #1 qualifier. Luckily we where already at the round of 4 so either way I would make a medal round. I ended up loosing both rounds but would have won the first if I pedaled. Then I went into the small final and proceeded to loose the first round. Sense i was down time and had nothing to loose i went 100% the next round and ended up making up the gap and winning. I was stoked to finally get some redemption at Sea Otter Slalom.

For the record I was not arrested.









    

No comments:

Post a Comment