Sunday, February 24, 2013

Slap Sunday #3: Grom yard fail.........

This is a small riding zone that was called "graveyard". I rode a fair amount in my grom days. Hell it was where I learned to hit jumps with a gap. Much has changed since its early years. Now it has been turned into a thirty-five year old's dream of freeride paradise. Basically, back when I rode it it was still a legit dirt jump zone. It had tallish lips, that where fairly steep and landings that where equally as steep. Now they are all lame long and low jumps that require no skill to hit. Also there has been a freeride trail built up top ,constructed to thirty-five year old riding a vp-free standards. "graveyard" has now become "gromyard".
 R.I.P graveyard
2004ish-2011
 To its defense, the trail is fun to pin and huck everything in sight on a hardtail. You can really scare the shit out of yourself with dirt jumping tires and one brake on a hardtail. Moral of the story, ride hardtails first. It produces bike skill and steeze. Just look at anyone with steeze, I bet they ride a hadtail. 

Now to the slap. After my discription of "gromyard" if you ride it on a downhill bike and hurt yourself just riding. You officially loose. If you do ride a downhill bike there you better sav out and do some cool shit. Watch the vid.



Norcal Riding on Pinkbike


Actually saving out at "gromyard"

No comments:

Post a Comment